Head of conveyancing both in Nairobi and Mombasa Office, Environment, prospecting and mining division. He has over 25 years in practice.
Born in 1966 , graduated with a Bachelor of Law (LL.B) degree from the university of Nairobi in 1990 and was admitted to the Roll of Advocated in 1992. He also has a certificate in Basic Alternative dispute resolution techniques from the university of California State University , Sacramento In USA.
Career highlights include:-
- Wide experience in legal practice both as an associate and as a partner.
- Has expertise skills in litigation and mining law , prospecting , licensing , acquisition, consortia formation and dispute resolution in mining ventures, acquisition of surface rights for mining purposes.
- Served as the lead Counsel for the mining venture Kwale district both for the mining company and for the surface rights holders and successfully negotiated contracts, leases and other surface rights through disputes resolution mechanism and by litigation.
- Has hand on experience in negotiating, drafting, vetting and undertaking interpretation of legal documents and contracts relating to employment, labour relations and trade unions matters gained in the process of negotiating Titanium mining rights for Tiomin Resources (Inc.) Canada in the south coast of Kenya which mandate included advise on legal viability of the project, resettlement conditions and procedures, environmental impact and mitigation and compliance with the mining environmental legal framework.
- Has served as council member of the law society of Kenya Mombasa chapter and has been chairman and served in the executive committee of the Mombasa Sports club.
- He has served as a Member of the Task force on judicial Reforms - 2010.